Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Project Analysis

Just roaming around here and there, I came across this simple yet elegant tool to analyse your hobby projects.

Its CLOC, a tool to run a Lines-Of-Code count for a source code directory. Its fairly simple to use. Just download the .exe, go to the command prompt and pass in the source directory which you want to be analysed. I passed in my master resource directory, and found a useful trend.

Cloc

The above report did not include my php source files, although I am sure, I have a couple of PHP projects out there. The ignored files must be my svn repo files and images/log files.

If you could avoid the HTML count ( Who codes HTML these days !), It appears to have found quite a few “long” JS source files. That data too has noise, because it would have picked up framework files like prototype.js and mootools.js. The non-noisy count is of the Java files,which indicate that I document a lot Smile. 45KLOCS is not that bad for a hobby. And yes, all the JSPs were hand written as far as I remember,so that too adds to the list. 63KLOCS !!!

Have fun using this tool

No comments:

Post a Comment